Monday, May 31, 2010

Origami Lucky Star Tutorial

Hi, everyone!
There are many legends surrounding these stars - they bring good luck in life and in love! Giving a jar full of stars is a sign of friendship and devotion.
So, I made a tutorial on how to create a Origami Lucky Star



Please let me know if you have any questions
I want to thank Cheryl for the idea!

Decoration tips

I searched on the internet for some decoration ideas and here is what I found....
  • The great thing about these stars is that you can made them as small as you like and create jewelry

    Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    Photobucket

  • You can create Christmas Decorations:
    Photobucket Photobucket

  • Make dozens and dozens of the tiny, colorful stars. Each can be for the same hope or dream, or you can write a different wish in each. Fill up a tall, clear glass Dream Star jar or bottle. Place a ribbon around the neck of the jar or bottle. Use it as a decoration on your desk or in your room.
     Photobucket Photobucket
For more photos click here.

13 comments:

Cheryl said...

aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh you did it you did it! brilliant! thank you sooooo much :0)
I do have one question - how long does the strip of paper have to be?
You made that look so easy. I think I'll have to try MANY times before I post my attempt :-)

isa said...

The paper strip that I use in the video is 48cm long and 2 cm wide, but the star is very big. For a little one I use a strip of 24 cm long and 1 cm wide. Also the paper you use shouldn't be too flimsy or too heavy or you'll have trouble folding it.
I glad that you like it! I can not wait to see the result! Have fun folding them :)
Hugs, Alina!

Cheryl said...

hey Alina! I just made a star - my second attempt! not as difficult as I thought!thank you so much for your tutorial - I would never have figured out how to do it without your guidance :-) I'll post something in the next few days/weeks when I've made more x x x

isa said...

Yaaaaay!!! I'm glad that you find useful my tutorial :) Thank you so much :) I can not wait to see them. I also have to put some picture, in the last couple of days I made almost 300 stars! hehehe :)

Unknown said...

Complimenti per il tuo blog...


Ciao
Vito

isa said...

Grazie, Vito! :)

angiconst said...

I like your blog! I also like the stars! I will surely try to make one!
Thanks for the idea Alina!

isa said...

Angi, thank you so much for your visit! I'm glad that you like my tutorial and good luck with those stars :)

Unknown said...

Molto bello e delicato il tuo pensiero...

Ciao
Vito

kalyaana said...

Great tut!
Now that you started making tutorials, will you make one/some for the lily kusudama?
I would love to see how you made the yellow and white lily kusudama:))

isa said...

Thanks Kaly! I will try to make a tutorial on lily flowers. Thanks for idea! Hugs, Alina! :)

very-scrap said...

ti-ai lustruit ghetutele? :)

ai fost cuminte?

daca da,

Sf Nicolae sa-ti umple casa de caldura, bucurie si dragoste, de miros de scortisoara si turta dulce, de cantul sfant al colindelor mult iubite ...si sa-ti aduca in ghetute tot ce iti doresti..

daca nu,

Sf Nicolae sa-ti umple casa de caldura, bucurie si dragoste, de miros de scortisoara si turta dulce, de cantul sfant al colindelor mult iubite ...si sa-ti aduca in ghetute tot ce iti doresti..

cu drag vicky

L said...

Hum... very nice stars! They are lucky stars but I'm not lucky when I try to make them :( my stars always become a real mess :O

well, I would like to invite you to visit my blog...
www.origamiconstructo.blogspot.com

your blog is very interesting!

Lucas.