Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The beautiful side of... walking

     Spring is here, so it’s time to enjoy nature's bounty. I decided to go walking every day for at least an hour. Going outside and experiencing nature in itself it’s a wonderful activity that is good for both your physical and mental health. Just observing the nature can be healing.
Coming from a country like Romania, you learn to appreciate the little things:
  • enjoying the cleanness of the streets
  • listening to the birds singing in their little nests built by ordinary people in their own gardens and it feels like they're welcoming me in the neighborhood 
  • admiring the rivers that seems to be everywhere and gives the landscape a really nice scent of magic
  • the ducks that are craving for your attention and your food(of course)
  • the lack of homeless dogs (although I have to admit that I’m afraid of dogs in general and that’s one of the reasons I can’t really enjoy walking in the parks)
  • the smiles on every person’s face, even strangers
  • realizing how soothing it’s to rest under a tree
  • smelling an entire field of flowers, enjoying every flower’s beauty and delicacy
  • enjoying the freshness of the air, full of smells of the earth, sweeping over your face
 I realize that the simplicity of nature makes me fell invigorated, peaceful and grateful.
And because I always go outside on my own (I think this is the only thing that sometimes bothers me) I do take my mp3 with me and enjoy my music, only happy music.

So if you're wondering what it’s on my mp3....







PS: Thanks aimee for your help :)

3 comments:

Court said...

You're so right about walking! It's gorgeous outside and I've been inside all day. Thanks so much for following my blog. It means a lot! I'm about to post new cards up for some challenges. I hope you like them!

isa said...

Hi there!
I'm really glad that my post made you go outside :)
I can't wait for your new cards! I really love what you are doing! Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Thanks. You're right time to enjoy and live happily.;-)